If you are an iPhone user, maybe you are currently annoyed because the storage memory is too full. A build-up of cache could cause this. Therefore, you must know how to clear the cache on your iPhone so that your memory has space again.
The whole storage memory on your iPhone, maybe not be a surprise. The reason is, the iPhone does not have as many memory slots as other smartphones. When the memory is full, you will perhaps uninstall some unneeded applications.
In addition, maybe you will also delete some files that are not important. There are other ways without deleting files or applications on your iPhone. So that there is less space in iPhone storage, you can clear the cache in it.
If you don’t know how to clear the cache on iPhone, please refer to the steps that blockpress.me will share below.
What is Cache?
Before knowing how to clear the cache on iPhone, a little understanding of cache might help you. If you don’t know it, the cache is garbage data that must be removed.
A cache is handy so that loading to open applications, websites, sites, and so on can be faster. However, if it accumulates too much, the cache will use up the existing storage on your device.
Maybe not many people know yet. Existing cache, too, has its benefits. The main advantage of cache is that it can make browsers and applications more efficient and faster. This happens because the system will store local data.
Finally, you don’t need to repeat data requests repeatedly on websites or applications that you’ve used. In addition, the cache is also helpful in increasing traffic and conversions. The faster the website is opened, the easier it is for users to access and use the related website.
Should Cache Be Cleared?
If you want to ask this, it still depends on whether your device can accommodate it or the memory is too full. If the device still has a lot of space, the cache can be handy for fast loading.
Meanwhile, if the cache has filled the storage and made your device slow down, the right step is to delete it. There will be no problems or impacts from deleting the cache, such as data loss and so on.
So, you can rest easy because clearing the cache will not impact the device you are using.
Maybe, you’ve decided to clear the cache on your iPhone. This means that currently, the storage on your iPhone is too full. For this, usually, the iPhone that is used has decreased performance. Therefore, don’t be surprised if you choose to clear cache data.
There is an easy way to clear cache, namely by using additional applications. The application is usually a cleaner application type specifically designed to clean junk files on smartphone devices.
But in this article, you will find out how to clear the cache on iPhone without using any additional apps. In order not to be more curious, please choose one of the several methods provided below:
Clearing Cache on iPhone via Safari Browser
The first way you can do this is to clear the cache on the iPhone via the Safari browser. iPhone users must be very familiar with this browser because it is the default browser that the iPhone has. This browser is also quite popular. The reason is, the user interface provided is quite interesting.
Well, an effortless way that you can do to clear the cache on the iPhone is to use Safari. Here are the steps you should take:
Would you please open the Settings menu on the iPhone?
- Then, please scroll down until you find the Safari browser.
- After that, under the Privacy & Security tab, please click on Clear History & Website Data.
- Later, you will be shown a Pop-Up. Then, click Clear History & Data so that the cache in it can be deleted.
- Only with the steps above, the cache on your iPhone will be deleted. Then, the memory on your iPhone can be a little relieved to ‘breath.’
Clearing Cache Data on iPhone Via App Data File
In addition to using Safari, other ways can be done to clear cached data. You can also remove the cache of app data files. Of course, this method can help precise cached data on iPhone. Then, it will make the storage in it looser.
The steps you can take are as follows:
- The first step is to select the Settings menu.
- Then, please select the General menu.
- After that, please click iPhone Storage.
- When it is open, you will be shown a wide selection of applications on your iPhone.
- In addition, you can also see various detailed information from all applications on the iPhone.
- There is information about the capacity of the application until the last time you used it.
- After that, please select some apps that take up a lot of space in storage.
- Click the application.
- Then, click Offload App.
- In the old pop-up, you can also directly click Offload App to delete the application.
Indeed, the Offload App feature will automatically delete applications that you rarely use. But you don’t have to worry. Data and documents from the application are still stored. You can still use it again if the app has been reinstalled.
If you want to specify the deletion of the application yourself, please use the method above by clicking on the application’s settings. In this way, the cache on your iPhone will also be deleted. As a result, of course, iPhone storage can be looser.
Clear iPhone Cache by Restart
This is the most straightforward step you can take. You can clear the annoying and burdensome cache of the iPhone by restarting the device. However, there are several different ways of renewing several generations of iPhone. Would you please continue according to what age of iPhone device you are using?
If you want to know how to restart the iPhone, please refer to the following steps yes.
- In the first step, you can immediately press the Sleep / Wake button for a few seconds.
- After that, you will be shown a menu in the form of Slide to Power Off.
- Please slide the virtual menu. Later the iPhone will turn off by itself.
- After that, please turn it back on by pressing the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds.
- Congratulations, the cached data on your iPhone will be deleted automatically.
- In this third way, the memory or storage of your iPhone will be a little relieved because the cache data will be deleted automatically. So now, your iPhone can work with optimal performance again.
That’s a series of cache information and how to clear the cache on iPhone that you can do. Please choose which method you want to use or use the three methods above at once. I hope this information is helpful.